As of August 10, 2020
India Visa Requirements and How to Apply Online
Previously, Philippine passport holders are granted visa on arrival in India. However, it is no longer the case. One has to apply for Indian E-Visa or Electronic Travel Authorization ahead of time. Getting one is easy.
I will discuss here how to apply for Indian Electronic Visa Online. There are 5 kinds of E-Visas that can be obtained online – Business, Medical, Medical Attendant, Conference and Tourist. I will tackle the Tourist E-Visa.
Indian Tourist E-Visa has 3 categories:
1 Month Tourist E-Visa – it’s a 30-day double entry tourist visa and non-extendable. This is the most common one and perfect for Filipinos.
1 Year Tourist E-Visa – it’s a 365-day multiple entry tourist visa but you are not allowed to stay in India for more than 90 days per entry. This is perfect if you plan to enter India several times in a year.
5 Years Tourist E-Visa – it’s a 1,825-day multiple entry tourist visa but you are not allowed to stay in India for more than 90 days per entry. Ano gagawin mo sa India ng 5 years?
Indian Visa Requirements for Online Application
- Passport’s bio page – make sure it’s valid for travel and in .pdf file
- ID picture – white background and neutral face. Size should not exceed 1MB in .jpg file
- Information on your travel dates, entry point and accommodation – just information, no booking needed.
Indian Visa Online Application Process
- Log on to https://indianvisaonline.gov.in/evisa/tvoa.html.
- Click apply for E-Visa and complete the form
- Pay visa fee online. Credit card, debit card and Paypal payments are accepted. Philippine issued cards are ok.
- Wait for the email confirmation. Make sure your email address is working. Processing time normally takes 3 days.
- Print E-Visa and present at immigration counters.
- Visa denial can be due to blurred documents attached so make sure to scan properly the required documents.
- E-Visa can be used within 120 days or 4 months after being granted one.
- You can reprint the visa just in case you misplaced your first copy.
- No bank documents, airline reservation and hotel reservation needed in applying for a visa. However, you might be asked for your travel itinerary and details at immigration counters. So for convenience, make sure you have them handy.
- Travel with the passport you used in applying for a visa. So if it will expire prior to flight, renew your passport before applying for a visa. If you have 2 citizenships, present the one you used in the visa application.
For your convenience, you may seek the assistance of a travel agent to help you with your visa application, hotel and tours in India. Email email@example.com for assistance.
As of September 12, 2012
Just this year (2011) Visa On Arrival is now available for Filipinos traveling to India. VOA fee is 2,200 Rupees. However, those who want to have a visa sticker on their passport can still apply at the Indian Embassy.
The following are the requirements:
Duly accomplished applications form
2 pieces passport side ID photo
Original passport valid for at least 6 months
Roundtrip ticket reservation
BIR Tax Return
Photocopy of all above
Visa application is only accepted in the morning from 9.30AM-12NN and releasing is from 2.30PM-4PM. Processing time is 3 working days. Visa fee is 3,200.00 for single entry visa (not so sure if this has changed). All payments must made in cash and are none refundable.
India Embassy in Manila is located at Paraiso St., Dasmarinas Village, Makati.
Tourist Visa on Arrival for Filipinos entering India solely for tourism purposes are now available in the following airports:
New Delhi Airport
If you are entering India apart from these airports, you need to have a valid visa.
To secure an Indian Visa, one needs to apply online here.
The Indian Embassy in Manila does not accept walk-in application for tourist visa.
After applying online, print the completed application form and sign the same. Submit the following requirements as well:
1. Complete Online Application Form, signed and with 2×2 ID picture against a white background. The ID picture must be pasted and not stapled
2. Original and valid passport
3. Ticket Reservation
4. Hotel reservation
5. Proof of Financial Capacity – Bank Certificate, Bank statement, sponsorship letter and similar documents
The Indian Visa Application Center in Manila is:
BLS International Services Ltd.
902 A, One Corporate Plaza, Arnaiz Avenue
Processing time is normally 4 working days. Indian tourist visa is valid for 6 months.